Yesterday I had an oh Sh– moment when I looked up and saw that it was December 11th and realized Oh man I’m so far behind the 8ball on Christmas shopping this year, well it turns out I’m not the only one
A survey this week found over a quarter of us haven’t started our Christmas shopping yet. Here’s why you might be avoiding it: Another survey just found that shopping is the MOST stressful part of the holidays. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Shopping for gifts. 37% ranked it as one of the most stressful aspects of the holidays.
2. Traveling and visiting family.
3. Extra cooking.
4. Receiving gifts. So getting presents stresses a lot of us out?
5. Dealing with crowds and long lines.
6. Other shopping-related stressors.
7. Attending parties and social events.
8. Family politics.
9. Fitting in extra work. Especially if you work at a store, or in the service industry.
10. Hosting friends and family.
In general, 69% of people in the survey admitted they sometimes turn to “unhealthy” coping mechanisms to deal with stress, like junk food and alcohol. And the average person spends $960 a year just trying to de-stress.