Here are some tips to help you look like you got a decent night of sleep.
Did you get a terrible night sleep? We have all been there before and lord knows those bags under the eyes are never a good thing and we certainly don’t want to broadcast it to the world.
Well here are a few simple tips to look and feel more awake as you navigate thru the week .. Curtosey of Life Hacker:
- Splash cold water on your face. Cold water can tighten your pores, make your skin look more even, and give the appearance of looking a little more awake.
- Fight skin problems with an exfoliant and toner. When you’re sleep deprived, you’re likely to find an oil build-up on your skin. Use exfoliant and toner to get rid of dead skin and excess oil, so you’ll look a little more like a normal, presentable person at the office.
- Use a moisturiser for dryness. In order to avoid dryness or flakiness, use a good moisturizer (ideally, a light-weight, unscented one). This will help combat some dark spots or unevenness on your face after a long night.
- Take a walk. Instead of struggling at your desk, take a short, five-minute walk around the office every hour. This can improve your mood, reduce tiredness, and may even help kick any hunger pangs.
- Sit up straight. Sometimes, all you need to look more awake is to think more awake. It sounds simple enough but improving your posture by sitting up straight and keeping your feet on the ground is a good tactic to getting through the day.
- Cool your under-eye bags. If you’re desperate to hide those under-eye bags, try cooling them down using an ice pack or cold spoons for at least 20 minutes.
- Nap. If all else fails (and you have a room available), take a power nap. Nothing beats sleep when it comes to looking more awake. A nap can have immediate benefits for learning, memory, and performance, but whatever you do, limit it to 30 minutes. Any longer and you may risk feeling groggier than ever