It’s pretty much a universal fact that nobody wants the middle seat on airplanes right, But here are some ways to make it more bearable, according to Lifehacker:
- Use the bathroom before you sit down. It’s not easy to climb out of a row in mid-flight when your seatmate has fallen asleep.
- Try to choose a middle seat in the center aisle. This way you have two directions to exit your row, making an unplanned trip to the bathroom easier to navigate.
- Book an exit row or a bulkhead seat. Exit rows, premium economy seating and bulkhead rows all offer a little more leg room.
- Bring two bags. Place one in the overhead compartment and a smaller one at your feet so that you don’t have to dig through your bag to find the items you need for a flight before sitting down.
- Recline your seat and take up both armrests. You deserve it. Don’t ask, just do it.