Rip City, Ore. – Rip City returns tonight to Moda Center.
Coming off a playoff run to the Western Conference Finals in the 2018-19 season, the Portland Trail Blazers are set to tip off their 50th regular season, presented by Spirit Mountain Casino and your local Toyota Dealers. The Trail Blazers begin chasing their seventh straight trip to the NBA postseason with a matchup against the Northwest Division rival Denver Nuggets on October 23. The nationally televised debut on ESPN and local NBC Sports Northwest tips off at 7:00 p.m. The team then hits the road for a four-game road trip and returns to Moda Center November 2 to take on the Philadelphia 76ers.
The Trail Blazers 50th Anniversary season features both new engagements and returning attractions around Moda Center, including but not limited to the following:
- Five decade-themed nights scattered throughout the season to relive moments from Trail Blazers history. Every Decade Night will feature alumni from their respective eras, a free decade themed collectible art print giveaway to all fans in attendance and special retail items and activations specific to the decade which will be available before and during each game. The team will also wear the special Classic Edition uniforms at each of these home games. The schedule for each Decade Night is below:
- ‘70s night Presented by Fred Meyer: Saturday, November 2 vs. Philadelphia
- ‘80s night Presented by Toyota: Friday, December 20 vs. Orlando
- ‘90s night Presented by Spirit Mountain Casino: Sunday, January 26 vs. Indiana
- ‘00s night: Sunday, February 23 vs. Detroit
- ‘10s night: Tuesday, March 10 vs. Phoenix
- Fans will have an opportunity to participate in the 50th Anniversary celebration by voting for their favorite players in team history. In the weeks leading up to each Decade Night, fans can select their top five players from that decade at trailblazers.com/vote. Each time, one lucky voter will win a pair of tickets to that Decade Night game.
- The Trail Blazers teamed up with Nike and Portland Bureau of Transportation to produce five decade-themed Nike BIKETOWN bikes, one representing each decade of Trail Blazers basketball. The bikes will make their debut on the Moda Center concourse on ‘70s night on November 2 and will be on the streets of Portland for fans to enjoy the following day. As part of the creation of the bikes, the Trail Blazers teamed up with The Street Trust, which works in classrooms, on the streets, in city hall and the state legislature encouraging and advocating for safe and convenient walking, biking and transit options.
- Return of the limited-edition Gameday Poster Series with unique designs from 41 new local artists depicting each home matchup throughout the season. One hundred posters plus an additional 50 will be printed as part of the 50th Anniversary Season and available exclusively at the main Rip City Clothing Co. location inside Moda Center every home game for $15. All net proceeds of poster sales benefit the Trail Blazers Foundation, benefiting our local Portland community nonprofit organizations.
- New Trail Blazers partners will be featured throughout Moda Center all season long, including:
- Dave’s Killer Bread will have an Official Peanut Blazer & Jelly sandwich available at Yeti’s in Kid City on the 300-level concourse
- White Claw will now be served in Moda Center
- Local favorite River Pig is the new partner of River Pig Saloon (formerly Baseline Lounge) on the Event Level
- Brown Sugar Bourbon will be creating a new BSB Lounge on the 100-level concourse
- Fans can purchase co-branded Widmer Bros. Brewing Hefe cans throughout the season
- Returning partners and their activations include:
- Trail Blazers commemorative 50th Anniversary wine produced by Adelsheim Vineyard
- Delta Dental Smile Studio on the 300-level concourse in Kid City
- Unique fan seating experiences include the Daimler 3House, First Tech Block Party and Coca-Cola Rip City Rows
- Fred Meyer Sign Making Stations at the 100-level and 300-level concourses
- Country Financial welcomes first time fans with the My First Game Program
- New Umpqua Bank Suite Level
- … and more!
- Special 50th Anniversary merchandise will be available at Rip City Clothing Co., including limited edition 50th Anniversary apparel throughout the season and themed Items of the Game for Decade Nights. Concessions throughout the arena will also have special koozies with the 50th Anniversary logo.
- New and returning in-arena concessions include:
- New restaurant partner, “Kama’aina”, featuring comfort foods of Hawaii such as Poke Bowls, Mahi Mahi and Chips, Kahlua Pork, and Spam Musubi, located on the Main Concourse near Section 108
- “Daddy D’s Southern Style Barbeque”, our local, authentic artisanal BBQ restaurant partner has an all new stand featuring new options such as a 13-hour hardwood smoked beef brisket, located on the Main Concourse near Section 107
- “Plum Tasty”, our signature ‘Be Better’ hub for healthy food options features an all new menu this season, located on the Main Concourse near Section 106
- New signature item at “Hen Pen”- Chicken and Waffle Cone featuring mashed potatoes, fried chicken, and sausage gravy served in a bubble waffle cone, located on the Main Concourse near Section 119
- “Rose City Treats” features house made flavored popcorns that guests can custom blend, located on the Main Concourse near Section 113
- Deschutes Wowza IPA is now available throughout concessions
- “Junction 5” signature burger stand has an all new menu featuring a BBQ Pork Burger, a Southwester Burger, a Thai Turkey Burger, and a Beef Brisket Burger, located on the Club Level near Section 219
- “Meat Ballin’” is our new cart featuring two styles of meatball sandwiches, located on the Upper Concourse near Section 316
- … and more!
- Cultural celebrations and theme nights:
- Viva Rip City Celebration of Hispanic and Latinx Heritage: Friday, November 8 vs. Brooklyn
- Military Appreciation Night Presented by Budweiser: Sunday, November 10 vs. Atlanta
- Pride Celebration: Wednesday, December 4 vs. Sacramento
- First Responders Night Presented by FLIR: Sunday, February 9 vs. Miami
- Celebration of Black History: Friday, February 21 vs. New Orleans
- Women in Sports Celebration Presented by Coca-Cola: Thursday, March 12 vs. Memphis
- Pacific Power Energy Night and Live Greener Game: Thursday, April 2 vs. Utah
- Fan Appreciation Night: Wednesday, April 15 vs. Los Angeles Clippers
NBC Sports Northwest will televise 73 of the 82 regular-season Trail Blazers games. The other games will be broadcast nationally on ABC, TNT and ESPN. More information on finding Portland’s televised games is available at trailblazers.com/watch. In addition, fans can purchase “Blazers Pass,” the NBC Sports Northwest direct-to-consumer streaming product which allows fans residing in the Trail Blazers viewing territory to purchase a package of 15 games to watch during the 2019-20 NBA season. Fans can visit nbcsports.com/blazerspass to learn more.
Anchoring Trail Blazers broadcasts on NBC Sports Northwest for the fourth season will be veteran Play-by-Play Voice Kevin Calabro, Analyst Lamar Hurd and Courtside Reporter Brooke Olzendam. Pre-game, halftime and postgame programming will feature Host Jordan Kent, who will be joined by former Trail Blazers Player Michael Holton during home games. Fans across Oregon and Southwest Washington can also catch the Trail Blazers on the 20 stations of the Deschutes Brewery Trail Blazers Radio Network and flagship station Rip City Radio AM-620. New radio Play-by-Play Broadcaster Travis Demers will be joined by new radio analyst Michael Holton for all 82 home and road games this season.
To purchase single-game tickets, please visit trailblazers.com/tickets. Select season ticket plans and multi-game packs are also available by calling 1-844-RIP-CITY. Fans are cautioned to only buy tickets directly from the Trail Blazers to guarantee game access and seat selections.
ABOUT THE PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
Members of the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Portland Trail Blazers were founded in 1970 and purchased by the late Paul G. Allen in 1988. The team’s rich heritage includes 35 playoff appearances, three trips to the NBA Finals, an NBA championship in 1977 and a commitment to community service and sustainability. The Trail Blazers are dedicated to positively impacting underserved kids and their families throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington where they live, learn and play. Portland is the first and only professional sports franchise to receive the prestigious National Points of Light Award for excellence in corporate and community service. The Trail Blazers home arena, Moda Center, is the first existing arena to earn LEED Platinum Certification in 2019 after receiving LEED Gold Recertification in 2015 and becoming the first existing professional sports venue in the world to receive LEED Gold status in 2010. The team is also one of the founding members of the Green Sports Alliance. For more information, visit trailblazers.com.