After a long hot shower, Are you one to clean your ears out with a Q-tip? Health experts warn us to never shove anything into our ears but after reading this you may think twice before you pick up that cotton swab. A British man developed an ear infection so bad that it spread to his brain, all because he lost part of a cotton swab in his ear five years earlier.
Turns out the man went to the hospital after suffering seizures and collapsing. He later told doctors that he had vomiting, had splitting ear and head pain and had been given two round of powerful antibiotics for severe infections over the last five years.
Doctors decided to perform surgery on the man and found part of a cotton swab that had been lodged inside of him for five years! After extracting the swab and another round of antibiotics the man is completely recovered.
Do you use cotton swabs in your ears?