Today is the first official day of summer . . . and like myself, most people have been in summer mode for WEEKS now here in the PNW. Here are a few of the top things people love about summer include: Golfing hiking a Bike rides
Earlier this morning the Summer Solstice kicked off in the Northern Hemisphere, which means today is the LONGEST day of the year and we will see about 15 +hours of daylight The bad news is: The days get shorter from here on out. But the GOOD news is: We have at least two solid months of being outdoors.
A new survey collected the top 50 moments people love about summer, and I can’t disagree with it. Here are some of my favorite things about summer
1. Longer days, more light in the evenings.
2. Not having to wear a coat.
3. Being able to use my backyard more often.
4. The smell of freshly cut grass after I mow the yard
5. Eating outdoors, both in your backyard AND on restaurant and bar patios.
6. Seeing big blooming flowers.
8. Sleeping with the windows open. And driving with the windows down.
9. Going to BBQs. And the smell of grilling in the neighborhood.
10. Getting a tan.
11. Wear shorts every day. And not wearing socks.
13. Occasionally actually want it to rain. just to keep my grass green
And getting in the water at the Lake with friends
Did I Mention I LOVE SUMMERTIME yes Im yelling cause I’m so excited